Advanced Animation - Project 2


29/10/2021 - 12/11/2021 / Week 9 - Week 12
Avery Ong Xuan Ting / 0344462
Advanced Animation / Bachelors of Design (Hons) in Creative Multimedia
Project 2 / Production


INSTRUCTION



WEEK 9

This project is a continuation from project 1. We are required to add in betweens and cleanups for the short animation. Camera's to be altered accordingly and to capture appealing body language and animation that will reflect on the storyboard confirmed. 

Below are the list of outputs to be produced:
- Animation cleanups - timing, In betweens, Staging, and the necessary 12 principles of animation applied. 
- Scene confirmation with camera movements and statics 
- Set assets 
- Sound effects roughout
- Lighting setup

Due to rushing for the other module's submission, I only animated the first scene for this week.

fig. 1.0 ; first scene

Lecturer's Feedback :
- Improvise the hand.
- Move the camera nearer to the character.
- Play with the camera.
- Add more anticipation.

WEEK 10

According to the feedback given last week, I improvised the hand and fingers for the first scene and also added more anticipation and in-betweens for the character.  

fig. 1.1 ; improvised first scene

Furthermore, I continue to animate the second, third and last scene. It's quite challenging and need a lot of patience while animating.

fig. 1.2 ; second scene

fig. 1.3 ; third scene (1)

fig. 1.4 ; third scene (2)

Third scene I had exported out in two different angle because I feel like both angle are quite nice. I planned to ask Mr. Kanan which one is better for the next class.

Lecturer's Feedback :
- Second scene start with half body then slowly zoom in.
- Cut of the unnecessary part. 
- Block out everything then link every scene together.
- For the third scene, both angle are nice.

WEEK 11

I edited each scene issues according to the feedback given last week. Moreover, I combined all the scene into one video in Adobe Premium Pro to check are they linked well a not.

fig. 1.5 ; first outcome

Lecturer's Feedback :
- The bird scene's angle bend it down a little bit, too much empty spaces behind.
- Check the timing.
- Add more dynamic sense.
- For the last scene, lends awhile then only cut at the end.
- Adjust a little more for each scene's acting.
- Add a little longer for some shot.

WEEK 12

Finally, I adjusted the issues Mr. Kanan had mentioned for each scene then export it out again. I tried a lot of way to export it out in a higher quality version but my Maya keep on clashing. Fortunately, it works! Below is my final outcome for this project :

fig. 1.6 ; final outcome


REFLECTION

This project was frustrating. I didn't do it well as what I was expected in the beginning. I know I wasn't good at modelling that's why I used the given character in TEAMS. Before this, I wanted to download other character from online but I couldn't found a suitable one for my project. Besides that, my Maya keep on clashing while I was exporting the scenes. It's quite challenging and need a lot of patience to create a perfect animation. I feels exhausted every time while animating the character posture. It has to be very careful, when there's a part goes wrong, the whole outcome becomes weird. Certainly, I wasn't familiar with Maya and not patience enough. I have lost faith in this project.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 1

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - Week 1

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 2