Advanced Animation - Final Project


19/11/2021 - 26/11/2021 / Week 13 - Week 14
Avery Ong Xuan Ting / 0344462
Advanced Animation / Bachelors of Design (Hons) in Creative Multimedia
Final Project / Post Production


INSTRUCTION



WEEK 13

Continuation from project 2, we are to complete the full short animation with polished output that will be composited and edited with voice recording and sound effects. Each shots will be rendered in plates (Foreground, Midground and Background). Title will be added and if there is any motion graphics or 2D animation can be also added in. 

There are two weeks left for this semester. Everyone was rushing for this final project. I tried to find a park image that suitable for my animation background. I found a park model from Sketchfab which I think can suit my short animation. 

Therefore, I exported the angle I want for each scene then added the background using After Effects. Below is my first outcome :

fig. 1.1 ; first outcome

Lecturer's Feedback :
- The background must be modeled, anything that the character need to interact with must be 3d.
- Add longer for the video, 17 second wasn't enough.
- The model just keep it simple.
- Bring down the angle lower and zoom it out a little bit for the bird scene.
- Suggestion for the ending scene : The bird landing on the character's forehead then she gets crazy.
- Add more in-betweens for each scenes.

WEEK 14

I imported the background into Maya and added some shadows for the character. Other than that, I animated the last scene which Mr. Kanan suggested. I think it was better after I added the last scene.

After blocking out all the animation and scenes, I edited the sound in Adobe Audition. I downloaded the bird, ambience and screaming sound in Freesound.org. Then, I adjusted the timing and finally export it out. 

fig. 1.2 ; second outcome

I send it to Mr. Kanan through WhatsApp as a final consultation before submitting it. He suggested me to improve the fingers and posture, it looks very stiff. Besides that, I can submit the final project.

I adjusted all the posture in detailed this time. Finally, I was happy with my final outcome.

fig. 1.3 ; final outcome


REFLECTION

I wasn't very happy with my final outcome but I tried my best. Due to the submission deadline and other modules submission, I can't make it as good as what I was expected from the beginning of the semester. It took me a lot of time to adjust the details and applying the principles for the animation. I found that I was lack of interest in modelling and animation, that's why I can't do it well. I watched many YouTube videos tutorial to improve my animating skills but the results still the same. Really appreciate Mr. Kanan for his patience, he taught us a lot of extra technique and skills, and also shared his experiences and articles for us to study. He is an attentive and responsible lecturer. I struggling hard for this project to make it perfect before I submit. Hope my final outcome didn't disappoint him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 1

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - Week 1

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 2